[Ansteorra] New to Elfsea

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Wed Jan 15 02:04:19 PST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:12:50 EST RIII4ever at aol.com writes:
> --
> Wow, I am so excited after having been out of the country for ten
> years, I am
> moving back to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. I was part of the SCA when
> I was a
> teen, and now am going to get the chance to be part of it again.
> Alas,
> everyone I used to know has moved along.
> It's a fright to go to an event without knowing anyone, so I am
> looking for a
> group that I can join up with for a while, maybe longer. I will be

        Good My Lord,

        Well do I know that 'fright'. I have lived in Atlantia, Trimaris,
Outlands and the West, and Ansteorra is the only place I could stand
being active in Society. It was the only place I didn't feel like an
outsider.
        However, all unknowing, you have been very lucky. You have
stumbled into one of the friendliest, most 'family' groups in the
Kingdom, this in a Kingdom with a reputation for being the friendliest in
the world. The saying sounds trite, but it is literal truth: Life is good
in Elfsea.
        Welcome home, My Lord.

              In Joyful Service,

                      Iain MacCrimmon