[Ansteorra] Mongols and learning...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jan 15 11:35:48 PST 2003

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 (Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com) said something that sounded like:
> Petruccio commented:
>> 8. Favorite drink?
>> Anything alcoholic
> Oh! *That* explains the kumiss. That and there not being much else
> out there ont he Steppes that will ferment.

Why do you think we raid through Europe so frequently. You can only
handle so much kumis and boiled meat before you get irritable and want
more variety.

>> 13. Where do you reside?
>>
>> East of the Steppes
> But that is the wrong way to Europe. Europe is west of the Steppes. Talk
> to the Norse. Perhaps you've been talking too much to that Columbus
> dude. But even he was going west, not east. :-) :-)

Yeah, we was going west to get east. Everything is relatively east of
it if you go far enough. The problems mongols have is the damn boat
rides. They are just a nightmare in the cultural memory.

>> 19. Your favorite way to pass the time?
>>
>> Flirting and finding new and exciting ways to develop "Learning Experiences"
>> for apprentices and proteges <<grin>>
> A good Peer should continue to learn. Thus apprentices and proteges
> should create new learning experiences for their Peer.

It is not limited to just apprentices and proteges. We should ensure
that all of us are learning and helping others learn. Be it challenges
on the field, in our knowledge of our art forms, in our behavior with
one another, or via our history - SCA and mundane. I just wish I had
more time to read and work on projects.

> Stefan
> (not an apprentice or protege)

Me neither. I've thought about becoming a protege though so I could
figure out what Pelicans do.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "The problem's plain to see
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Too much technology."