[Ansteorra] gonna stir some bunnies

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Fri Jan 17 10:59:50 PST 2003

At 12:19 PM 1/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>--
>I am sure this bunnie pot has been stirred before but I don't recall being
>around for the conversation.
>
>I was sitting around with some friends and one of them mentioned that rapier
>fighters cannot become King because Kings are always choosen by heavy combat.
>
>I was wondering if the way Kings are determined is set by Corpora or by
>Kingdom Law.

Corpora

>If it is by KIngdom law and we choose two Kings a year why don't we do one
>tourney as Rapier and one as Heavy so that both forms of man to man combat
>have a chance at the Throne?

Remember that not all Kingdoms have embraced rapier fighting like we
have.  In some it is still the red headed step child and (if memory serves)
it is still not allowed in Calontir at all.  There have been numerous
discussions over the years at the Corporate level concerning our current
system.  In each case the ultimate decision was to leave it as it is.

Burke