[Ansteorra] gonna stir some bunnies

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 18 10:21:45 PST 2003

At 12:02 AM 1/18/03 -0800, you wrote:

Corpora says:
>Rapier combat, not having been part of formal tournament combat in the
>Middle Ages, shall not be a part of formal tournament lists for royal
>ranks and armigerous titles.

Mahee replied:

>Don is an armigerous title.

Yes, but... You don't get a White Scarf for winning a specific tourney any
more than you get to be a knight by winning an aromred tourney or get to be
a Laurel for winning a specific A&S competition. I would guess that about
half the White Scarves in Ansteorra have *never* won a tourney.

You *do* get to be King or Prince for winning a specific tournament. That's
the difference.

and

>I missed the point that it had to be combat for a title.
>But... isn't winning a baronial championship an armigus award? Not sure on
this one, but I think so...unless rapier champions are unofficial champions
were the A&S champion is offical

No, "Armigerous Award" means an AoA or higher. It doesn't matter if it's
Queen's Champion or Artisan of Mudflats, it doesn't carry an AoA.

	-Tivar Moondragon