[Ansteorra] king of the east..please pass along

Ron eirik at hot.rr.com
Tue Jan 21 06:03:07 PST 2003

> In the specific case of Andreas, can it be said that he knew it was a good
> probability that he'd be called to active duty?  I don't know,
> and I wasn't
> arguing for or against him in any case.  But I know I've heard
> "stuff" about
> reservists being called to active duty for the last year and a half.  I
> think every reservist in the U.S. has known that it COULD happen, but just
> how likely it was going to be was certainly anyone's guess.  Knowing that,
> they all knew that it COULD happen that they'd be activated
> during a reign.

Not necessarily. Having been in the National Guard and having several
friends in the reserves during Desert Storm/Shield, there were rumor flying
about the exact date that we would be activated to go. None of us ever went.
Just because the rumors are going around doesn't mean that it will ever
happen, even with active duty units.

Eirik