[Ansteorra] A minor correction (was: Fighting Crown "not to win")

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 21 13:32:23 PST 2003

At 10:55 AM 1/21/03 -0800, you wrote:

(snip)

>Calantir, I think, does not have rapier as a mode of combat in their
kingdom and thus forces their rapier fighters to go out of kingdom to do
anything...but the king who removed it from that kingdom said that if
anyone else tries to put it back in he would run for crown again and have
it outlawed again.

That is not correct. Calontir has *never* had rapier, thus none of their
kings ever had to "remove" it.

A situation that sort of resembles the one you describe *did* happen in the
West Kingdom a few years ago. (A king had outlawed rapier; it was
reinstated a year or so later and the rumor was that if the rules weren't
written to his satisfaction he would win Crown again and "fix" them. Was
the rumor true? I don't know, I don't live there.)

	-Tivar Moondragon