[Ansteorra] Favorite Tournaments

Chris Baran chris_baran at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 20:33:41 PST 2003

Centurion Jean Paul de Sens,

I know you have heard of the tourney style used by Glaslyn to choose their
Defenders of the Flame.  This tourney is unique and challenging for all who
enter and allows all who enter to fight multiple times.  The tourney works
like this (for those who don't know):

1st round is a single elimination round with any weapons the fighters wish
to use.  Winners get in one line, those defeated in another.  2nd round is
when the fun begins.  Winners, armed however they wish, then fight 2
opponents, armed only with single sword, at a time.  3rd round, 3 opponents,
4th round four and so on.  Oh yes, and all of this in a normal sized list
field...the winner is the person who defeats the greatest number of
opponents and lives!

Not only does it give everyone a chance to play all day long, it makes the
fighters think how they will approach the situation and who they wish to
engage first.  Oh yes, and every blow thrown needs to count.

Last year the winner defeated 5 at once.  The year before, 6.

I LOVE this tourney and higly recommend it to everyone.

This unpaid advertisement for a great event has been brought to you by:

Sir Romanius