[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra digest, Vol 1 #927 - 18 msgs

caladin caladin at io.com
Wed Jan 29 14:02:30 PST 2003

Fave tourney styles....

I'm up with Deitrich...

>I like anything with a barrier.  ....  And lots of weapons...  And formal
challenging.

and lots of fighting all day long for everyone... but not alot of standing
in lines. so multiple fields

replace a bit with a dog with a bit with a melle,

and add 2 kind of barrier fighting, both the "stick your hip here please"
stand at the barrier fighting,
and the "you can do anything but run aroudn or jump over the barrier"
fighting, both of which are a hoot in entierly different ways.

I also prefer a very very small amount of the counted blows stuff.. It's
very cool and very period, and shows lots of pomp, chivalry and honor, but
It's just mostly about standing there or circling and staring at each other
though, so it gets old pretty quick if you do more than 1-2 rounds of it.

I also imagine it's about as much fun to watch as paint drying, but I don't
ususally watch it.

I love how Lyonesse ended up in field vs fied melles after a day of high
trouney, it was like getting to have you cake and eat it too,
and not even get fat!

Ah Fair Lyonesse, how do I miss thee, let me count the ways....

Cal-