[Ansteorra] Order of the Rose question

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 31 11:28:35 PST 2003

maaggie3 at attbi.com said
>In Ansteorra, King and Queen rule equally, regardless of who won the
>tournament.  I wasn't living in Ansteorra at the time, but I believe the
>only difference it made was that they were annouced in court and on award
>scrolls as "Rowan and Hector, Queen and King of Ansteorra" rather than the
>reverse.  <snip>
>Margaret

A lot of folks were very keen on getting an award scroll from the court of
'Rowan and Hector' during that reign.  We had to quickly cut-n-past the
scroll masters to switch around him/her to her/him, and king/queen to
queen/king...those scrolls given were truly unique to the SCA.  Somewhat
akin to owning a 'Monet' is the way folks felt about receiving a 'Rowan'.
Hillary Greenslade
(Sable Scroll for the reign of Rowan and Hector)