[Ansteorra] Calling Unit-H

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Fri Jan 31 13:50:12 PST 2003

Some of you remember this from last year. The idea is to have armored
fighters help us win the rapier war point at Gulf War. Many of you have
great training for melee. Your ability to work as a unit, to accept
commands and maneuver in combat is a powerful force whether you lack
rapier experience or not.

Of course, this is not one sided. We are also seeing many rapier fighters
picking up bows, spears and swords to help win the armored war points.

After Candlemas we will have a grand war practice on Sunday. Some armored
melees and some rapier melees. What I want to do is to have those armored
fighters who are not already a part of other rapier units and who want to
serve in Unit-H to join us for a few runs on the rapier field.

There will be plenty of time for lots of armored melees as well; I plan to
put on my hardsuit and play in some of them too.

So...please try to squeeze your rapier gear into the car/truck along with
your armor. If you have one of the Unit-H shields from last year, please
bring that too. If you need authorization, I will be there as will plenty
of other rapier authorizing marshals.

If you have a Unit-H shield from last year and will not be coming, I would
be grateful if you would loan that shield to someone who will be there.

Some of the people I have seen in this unit in the past or who have
expressed interest in join us include Duke Kien, Count Mahadi, Lady
Catilina, Count Duncan, Lady Branwin, Sir Gideon, Sir Guy, Count Barn,
Lord John Thorne, Count Daffyd, Lord Liam and many other fighters of great
renown and ability. If you know melee tactics, if you would like to help
Ansteorra win the GW rapier point and if you are not already committed to
another rapier unit, please come join us.

Baron Christian Dore, WSA