Court length was (RE: [Ansteorra] Sound Systems in Court (was Just aQuestion))

R. Smith russ at randomgang.com
Wed Jul 2 11:59:37 PDT 2003

JP said:
> Is it absolutely necessary for court time
> to be taken up to bring up every person who won every competition?

Actually, this is an interesting idea, if what you mean is "why not award
winners at the actual competitions?"  Certainly this is plausible for the
fighting tournaments (I mean, that's basically how Crown works, after a
fashion) and for other cases I would think arrangements could be made for
interested parties to gather and get the results (of A&S, for a somewhat
awkward example.)

Of course, I'm biased; the only competition I won was held (as JP will
remember, in fact) on Sunday and no nobility were left on site, so no court
was convened -- I was just recognized and given the passdowns and on we
went. :)

Or, here's a middle ground: since court isn't required to award competition
results, there could be scheduled two schedule items -- an Awards for
Competitions session that isn't a Court as such, and a Court at whatever
juncture to do the things that must be done there.

It seems to me these kinds of possibilities are worth discussing.  You know,
nobody got chatty during the ten minute evening Court I once attended... :)

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath <russ{at}randomgang.com>
"Per pale sable and gules, a decrescent argent."