[Ansteorra] RE: Just a Question

Ron eirik at hot.rr.com
Tue Jul 1 05:44:01 PDT 2003

> I could be proven wrong by someone, but I do believe that for
> running sound systems at an event, I have done so more than
> any other person in the Kingdom.  I organized the sound
> systems for the coronations of Drake & Kayleigh, and Timo &
> Alysson, as well as having organized them for several other
> events such as Elfsea Defenders & Springfaires.  I also
> happen to have a bit of first hand knowledge as to what it
> takes to herald a court so that it can be heard.

The sound systems would work well at events that have the electrical
requirements. Having run sound systems outside the society, everyone has
covered most of the problems with sound systems. Personally, the most
interesting part of using the sound system, is having an operator that
is trained. Not only in the operation of the system, but in the
etiquitte of when to have a microphone on and when not to. Also,
microphones need to be set to the individual person using it. This
normally only involves a minute or two, but adds to the setup time for
courts.

Eirik