[Ansteorra] Sound Systems in Court (was Just a Question)

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 10:26:17 PDT 2003

Iain has a point. My father was a partner in a company called Acoustic
Control, Inc. It involved the absorption principle suggested.

The way the product worked was a series of two quarter rounds which were
electronically controlled to drop down from a ceiling or move out from a
side panel to create a half round of absorbent material for times when
speakers were on the platform. The half rounds retracted to expose
reflective material to support singing or music. The principle worked well
for churches. It was just a bit ahead of its time, economically.
(And, no, I am not suggesting anything to do with quarter-rounds, that's
missing the big point--absorbing unwanted sound is the point.)

Hanging more absorbent materials over and between reflective surfaces might
act as more of a buffer than we have now. As commedienne Judy Teneda used to
say: It could happen....

Lete
Just trying to be helpful...