[Ansteorra] Request for Help: Sixth Annual Knowne World Children's Fete at

Jhan Knebel rixende at mail2noble.com
Wed Jul 2 11:16:03 PDT 2003

Forwarded on behalf of my Amazon Daughter, Lady Kilmeny. Please reply to
her at the_kilmeny at yahoo.com if you can help in any way.

In Service,
Rixende

Greetings All!

As a member of the staff for the 6th Annual Knowne
World Children's Fete, I am assisting Duchess Arielle
the Golden in recruiting volunteers from throughout
the Known Worlde to help in supplying, running and
cleaning up the party. (Even if you have already seen
the general post, please read on with my apologies for
any redundancy.)

You can contribute whether or not you attend the War.
As well as people to run the party, we also need:
activity ideas and supplies, prizes for games, office
supplies (e.g. paper and pens), and basic arts&crafts
ideas & supplies. If you participate in the party, you
don't have to be creative. We need area monitors to
help keep the right people inside/outside the party,
people to escort children to bathrooms, "troll", and
set-up and clean-up crews.
Wandering entertainers, like jugglers, are very
welcome, too.

I will also be in charge of the "Boffer" (more martial
and sporty activities) area of the party. I am looking
for active people interested in helping me run at
least one fighting-type activity (think fencing w/pool
noodles, not actual youth combat), at least one racing
game (my traditional activity at the Fete and very
popular w/all ages), and at least one active period
game like hunkerhausen, tug-of-war, duck - duck-goose,
etc.

Below are the details of the party as listed in the
Acorn, including Her Grace Arielle's & Duchess
Seonaid's contact information. To contact me, please
email me at the_kilmeny at yahoo.com.

Please forward this information to anyone and everyone
you think might be interested in being part of the
single largest SCA event devoted to our children.
Thank you for *any* help you can provide.
I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Fete!

Sincerely,
Lady Kilmeny
Companion to Countess {Mistress} Brigit of Mercia
Amazon Daughter to Honorable Lady Rixende de Rouen
Barony of Windmaster's Hill

PS Traditionally this is opposite the Woods Battle,
but this year the Woods have been moved to Monday.
Hopefully this will free up a few more of you guys
. ;-D

Assistance Needed with the Sixth Annual Knowne World
Children's Fete at Pennsic XXXII

Greetings from Duchess Arielle the Golden of Atlantia,

Good gentles, we are in great need of volunteers for
the Sixth Annual Knowne World Children's Fete at
Pennsic this year. For the last five years the
Children's Fete has provided several fun filled hours
to the SCA's younger members at Pennsic. In the past
the party has hosted activities such as siege the
castle, hunkerhausen, face painting, mask making, nine
man morris and drop spinning just to name a few. We
are hoping to continue this tradition, however, we
cannot realize this hope without enough volunteers and
sponsored activities.

Currently we are especially in need of individuals
willing to sponsor an activity of their choice, a game
or arts & crafts. However, we also still require
gentles willing to provide general help with the party
such as set up, break down, signing in children, etc.,
in addition to needing wandering performers
(magicians, jugglers, puppeteers, storytellers, etc.)
to entertain the children.

The Fete will take place in the Barn on Wednesday,
August 13th from 1 pm until 4:30 pm with setup
starting at noon. If you volunteer you do not have to
be present the entire time. If you can help, please
contact Duchess Arielle (Courtney.Hester at Wachovia.com
((704) 364-2224- home or (704) 281-1531-cell, before
10 pm) or Duchess Seonaid (duchessseonaid at yahoo.com
(919) 593-2909 before 10 pm).

Please consider donating some time to this worthy
endeavor that focuses on our younger members.

In service to the Dream and its future,

Arielle