[Ansteorra] Unhappy Artisans

C. L. Ward gunnora at vikinganswerlady.com
Thu Jul 3 16:49:29 PDT 2003

Good cousins and fellow citizens of the land of the Black Star,

I've recently been told that there are a large number of artisans unhappy
with the state of A&S and with the Laurels in Ansteorra.  The compaints have
included (but may not be limited to):

* general dissatisfaction
* beginning and midrange artisans feeling as if they have no resources for
growth or recognition
* bad experiences with A&S competition judges
* etc.

As with the rest of the Laurels, my Laurel medallion did not endow me with
the mystic power to read minds, so I need to have some imput back from those
artisans who are unhappy. Accordingly, I'd like to ask those who fit the
description above to communicate the problems you're experiencing to me or
one of the other Laurels directly.

There is very little any of us can do with a vague complaint, so some
helpful things to include would be:

* what exactly was/is the problem
* when exactly has this problem occurred (event, date, more specific than "a
while ago")
* who was the person or persons contributing to the problem

The more detail you provide, the more likely it is that one or more of us
can help.  As a group, the Laurels of Ansteorra have been consciously
working together for several years to be more accessible, to perform better
and more consistently as judges, and to foster greater growth and enjoyment
of the Arts and Sciences.  Help us continue to grow and help us to address
the problems you are experiencing by giving us more information and detail
so we can work towards a resolution.

::GUNNVOR::