[Ansteorra] Length of court

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 08:50:33 PDT 2003

In some ways, court could be streamlined a little, but I would not do it too much. It destroys why we have it in the first place.

Here is a sample court:
The baron tells the herald to call the event steward.
the event steward calls the campion
the campion talks about the list
then calls the winner for the day
give winner award
event steward calls next champion
and so on...

Streamlined
before court the event steward has told the herald the names of all winners.
Herald calls all winners up as a group, but baron presents awards individually

loss in streamlining...the stories. When the archery winner won because he shot backwards over his shoulder and still hit the cookie, that is a story to be told...and yes, it did happen.

With everything we do to make court happen faster we give up something else. The question is then, where do we draw the line?

Your servant,
mahee