[Ansteorra] length of court

Beth Turner nellwynn0 at lycos.com
Sun Jul 6 12:52:13 PDT 2003

Not really.  Any graduation I ever attended the diploma was handed to you by whatever dignitary when your name was spoken as you trotted across the stage at a fairly good clip.

I'd like for the day's competition winners to stand there a while so I might have a chance to recognize them.  (I'm absolutely horrible with faces and names.)I am an A&S person rather than a fighter.  I'd like to have a good look at who it was that did that beautiful piece of embroidery, etc., so I could congratulate them or pick their brain (or both).

This is ONLY the event's competition awards I'm speaking of.  Not any other awards given out.

Yes, if I won something, I'd love to be handed the scroll by whatever royalty or nobility is there, but I would gladly forgo that honor in the interest of brevity.

I read with amusement about the "drive by" awards.  I think they would be great for AOA's especially. To me it would have a more personal feeling than getting it in court.

Nell

Somewhat like giving out school/college diplomas?

Lete

As for the day's winners, why not call them up one at a time, Lord so and
> so -- wait for racket to die down -- heavy fighting, Lord whomsoever --
> wait --rapier, etc.  Have them stand at the front until all the winners are
> there.  Give them congratulations and say you can pick up your award as you
> retire to your left, right, up, down, whatever works best for the site.  A
> Herald or, better yet, the Autocrat hands them their scroll or whatever as
> they go back to their seats.

Nell