[Ansteorra] Judging (was:question)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 9 22:34:29 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 10:28 PM, Cairenn Day wrote:
> That is one of the reasons why I prefer 'body of work' displays, it
> seems to be easier to talk with the judges and one can point out in
> their documentation what needs to be noticed.
I've not paid a whole bunch of attention to formal A&S competitions, so
I may be missing something, but does a "body of work" display (actually
this sounds more like competition than display) necessarily mean there
is a face to face judge and entrant interview? And conversely, can't
you have a single body of work competition that has a face to face
interview?

The only competitions/displays I've ever tried to enter were the
populace displays at Pennsic and Gulf Wars. And the main thing I
desired from these was feedback. I got a little bit of feedback, and a
pair of nice brass straight pins, at the Pennsic one. I entered my
display of pewter work. But I've never gotten gotten any feedback from
either the pewter or the wheelbarrow at Gulf Wars. Nor could I ever
find out how many "beads" I got voted, since they were periodically
picked up, and the totals never given to me. Oh well. Perhaps I'll try
again in the future. But I don't do enough, nor is my work good enough
(yet) for Laurel's Prize Tourney and such. where some folks have said I
need to go if I want comments.

Stefan
For those interested in a less serious A&S display, there is still time
to create and enter a tile at Pennsic for the Florilegium Tile Display.
You don't have to be present to enter if you can send it up with
someone. http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/serena/TileProject/
-------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com