[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 2, Issue 17

Gerita hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Jul 10 07:28:53 PDT 2003

> We are looking at the posibility of hosting a foriegn exchange student
next
> year and want to know, is there paperwork for having them at events other
> than the regular minor waiver?  Also, are there noteries that would be
> acceptable on those in foreign countries?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Susan the Curious

Dear my lady Susan,
We did this, years back!  It's rewarding and a lot of fun into the bargain.
We still have 'adult children' who keep in touch from those years.
This is really an issue between you and the sponsoring organization.  We
were always given paperwork granting us what amounted to temporary custody
of the student.  This is pretty much the same as the notarized document
required by the SCA for an unrelated minor's participation.  It grants you
the right to carry them to doctors and whatever decisions a reasonable and
prudent adult would make on the student's behalf, and ours made the
organization responsible for costs incurred.  Check with yours!

Gerita