[Ansteorra] Theory

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:37:11 PDT 2003

Courtiers.

From: Reihla at aol.com
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Theory
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:11:30 EDT

"Politician: Lives in town, but all their interests are in the circles
of power."

Funny, that's what I was going to say.  Even after reading the other
suggestions, I'd still stick with this one.  In my experience, the folks who
play only
on the larger, Kingdom scale are more focused on personal agendas and
political interests.  That isn't to say they don't also serve out of love,
but it
doesn't seem to be the same kind of selfless love and support that people
give to
their local group.  Typically they seem to possess a desire to initiate
change according to their view of the SCA world and they work to make it
happen,
much as politicians do.

I'm not sure politicians fit in the medieval town analogy.  Was there any
type of person/dignitary in period that compares?