[Ansteorra] Travel Warning to Pennsic

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 30 10:24:05 PDT 2003

> >This just getting passed around from Atlantia - reminiscent of the recent
> discussion here that has it illegal to drive at night with just running
> lights (which I thought was something obvious, but I guess some people
have
> really bright running lights); see the note in this report about
> taillights, which explains that law:
>

> Actually, there are some cars (such as our Chevy Astro) that are designed
> so that any time the car is driving, the headlights are on. I think that
> when you actually turn the headlight switch to "on" they get a bit
> brighter, and that's when the tail lights come on, too. It's possible that
> that's what they're talking about.

<nodding>   I think that's the problem the person who started the
conversation ran into, Don Tivar.  Because the headlamps go on, the person
forgets that the lights are not really on, and they get caught because they
don't have taillights.

I just wish there were a way to stop the headlamps from going on
automatically, or a switch you could throw to turn them off (I've checked
the owner's manual), because I really don't like driving around a campground
at night with what I consider to be bright lights.

                                            ---= Morgan

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea,
 never regains its original dimensions."
                                 ---= Oliver Wendell Holmes
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)