[Ansteorra] Sound Systems in Court (was Just a Question)

b3zsgirl b3zsgirl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 2 07:33:33 PDT 2003

Most of the sound system suggestions are very well thought out and would
work well.  And Burke's seems the least obtrusive...

HOWEVER

I personally will consider it the last straw if I have to go to an event and
run into a sound system in any way.  I would rather not hear a word of court
at all than have to hear the sound of feedback, or the way a sound system
sounds when used.  Also, who wants to see acoustic work in our halls?  It
seems we become more willing to use the mundane, without considering the
consequences.

I like the idea of guards.  There are unfortunately times when I get trapped
in a conversation.  I have hearing problems to begin with, and may not be a
good judge of my volume level.  If the conversation is going to be quick I
have it, and if it isn't I try and put them off.

And sometimes, and no offense meant to anyone in particular, the court is
dryer than toast.  I have always enjoyed courts that involve more than the
awards dinner atmosphere.  If there are other interesting things going on I
will sit through a 5 hour court.  If there is only the same old thing, then
I don't want to be at a one hour court.  Unfortunately, there is a
performance aspect to doing this right, and it takes a lot of good planning.
Some are better than others.

Do you hear talking when the king comes down from the throne to talk of WAR?

I didn't hear any noise during the last Lyoness court.

The entrance that His Majesty made at Candlemas shifted me completely out of
time.  It gave me chills.

These moments should not be few and far between.  Perhaps we need to ponder
this beyond hearing better.  We need to find out the cause of the disease
and not just slap a Band-Aid on it. We need to think of what mundane
solutions will do to the (for lack of a better word) dream.

I go to events to not be Jane the Telecommunications Consultant for a
weekend.  I am sure that many of us do this for the same reason.

HL Biatrichi di Palermo
"Seer to the nobility since 1492"

Non essiri duci sinno tu mancianu, non essiri amaru sinno ti futanu