[Ansteorra] Just introducing myself...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 6 17:36:28 PDT 2003

Greetings Brenna,
On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 02:01 AM, Little Dancer wrote:
> I am Brenna O'dempsy.  I have been apart of the SCA for about two
> years, but I have been more of a voyeur then a real participant... I
> hope now to be more active and hopefully move up in known world... I
> am a bard (Singer, story teller and poet), I am a fencer, and I want
> to get started in archery... I would love to talk with you all... if
> anyone has any advise to give, I am all ears.
>
> The Gypsy Brenna O'dempsy
Welcome home, Brenna.
You may have already heard of the Florilegium. There are a number of
files there on the bardic arts and the arts of the rapier which might
be of interest as well as some on archery.
While not exactly a newcomer you might also find some of the files in
the NEWCOMERS section to be useful.
Are you using "Gypsy" as a general adjective? Or do you wish to base
your persona on the Rom, often misnamed Gypsies (because it was once
misthought that they originated in Egypt)? If so, here are some files
in the CULTURES section that you might find informative:
Gypsies-art       (14K)  4/ 7/02    "Gypsies in Period" by Sayidda
Rakli Zada
                                        Orlenda.
Gypsies-msg       (60K)  9/ 4/02    Gypsy culture. Also called Rom or
Romani.
Gypsy-tmeline-art (12K)  3/ 1/03    "Timeline of the Roma" by Sayidda
Rakli
                                        Zada Orlenda.

And let's see. If you are all ears, perhaps you need some adornment for
them.
In the ACCESSORIES section: :-)
ear-rings-msg      (8K)  7/12/02    Medieval ear rings. Men's and
women's.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas