[Ansteorra] Nuttiness closer to Home

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 17 04:31:28 PDT 2003

> Unlike Pennsylvania, here at least dangly things hanging from the
> mirror, like parking permits, are not illegal. Some SCA folks have
> found out to their dismay that leaving the parking permits, required to
> be hung from the mirror when parked at Pennsic, on the mirror when
> leaving the site can result in a traffic ticket.

The last few years, the Coopers have been very good about warning people
about that, especially if you appear to be heading off site.  I think one
year they tried printing it on the back of the hangtags, but they realized
that people don't read 'em.

                               ---= Morgan (been to lots of Pennsics)

(And yes, still grumpy about the fact that the persons who PROMISED to pick
me up at the airport last year failed, didn't even leave a message, and I
got stranded there overnight then had to pay all my spending money to rent a
car because I  had no way to reach them, they had my cellphone but didn't
give me theirs...... *sigh*  As we say in the Midrealm, it's not just a War,
it's an adventure.  I've now got four trustworthy persons AND their
cellphone numbers in case I need a pickup this year.)

" One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
  exciting discoveries."                               ---=  A. A. Milne
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)