[Ansteorra] Travel Warning to Pennsic

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Wed Jul 30 10:44:24 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 12:24  PM, Morgan Cain ((Ansteorra))
wrote:
> I just wish there were a way to stop the headlamps from going on
> automatically, or a switch you could throw to turn them off (I've
> checked
> the owner's manual), because I really don't like driving around a
> campground
> at night with what I consider to be bright lights.
>
>                                             ---= Morgan

I confess that I used to feel as you do, Morgan, until I realized that
I really can't see worth a darn with just parking lights. They just
don't illuminate the path ahead well enough to drive safely, in my
opinion (which is not surprising, since they aren't designed to do so).
So, since I came to that realization, I just try not to drive around
the campground after dark any more than *absolutely* necessary - but,
when I do, I turn on the headlights for safety. It beats running over
someone or something (even if only at 5 mph), because you couldn't see
them. Which is more annoying: to have headlights shine into your tent,
or to have a car (with no headlights) drive over your tent while you're
in it?

Michael Silverhands