[Ansteorra] RE: Queens Champion

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Wed Jul 30 22:28:31 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 08:34  PM, Gerald Norris wrote:
> ... please feel proud to note that her majesty was graced
> with a total of 62 potential champions, each man and woman who vied
> for the
> title of Her Majesties champion were a vote that this is a good and
> gracious
> Queen.

Plus another 8 youths who vied for the title of the Queen's Hope. This
was won by Joseph MacClennan, son of (undoubtedly proud) parents Don
Ericus and Baroness Amber Lea.

> In the final round (if age hasn't take my memory yet) Don Aaron Harper
> fought Don Brendan McKewan.

Age hasn't taken your memory, except that it was a 3-way round robin
fought by Don Aaron, Don Brendan, and Lord Alessandro (Cadet to Don
Aaron). The field was *extremely* tough, with such contenders as Don
Modius, Count Miguel, Don Robert, Don Thorland O'Shea, and several
others of the kingdom's "top blades". Many of the toughest competitors
happened to draw the same field by random chance, which came to be
known as "The Sable Field of Death". Yet, even against such
competition, Lord Alessandro prevailed to the very end. His lady seemed
extremely proud of him, as were we all; the more so given that she had
just accepted his proposal of marriage. :-)

> In the end, Don Brendan won the tournament and
> the honor to be called Queen's Champion.

Indeed, it was so.

> At the court that evening, Cadet Brian MacCael received a blade from
> the
> hands of Her Serpentine Excellency for his valor on the field through
> the
> day.

And Her Stellar Majesty Cateau bestowed the Queen's Blade of Honor to
Don Tivar, one of the premier voices and driving hearts behind the
creation of the Order of the White Scarf.

> In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
> HL Gerald of Leesville
> Ravenskald of Ravensfort
> A bard of Stargate
> Kingdom Ansteorra