[Ansteorra] Epithets for Landed Nobility

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Thu Jul 31 12:54:57 PDT 2003

Lorraine posited ...
> can anyone elaborate on other epithets.

I've used Halberd Excellencies in Bryn Gwlad courts and Sentinel
Excellencies in Stargate courts before as well as the aforementioned
Sablewinged Excellencies in Raven's Fort and Serpentine Excellencies in Loch
Soilleir.  I think it's usually a name evocative of either the baronial
service order (such as with Stargate) or with the arms of the barony in
question (such as with Loch Soilleir).  I think it would be interesting to
see what other epithets we can come up with for the various landed nobility
across the Kingdom.  Nice ones, mind.  :-)

Speaking of the Kingdom, it has always been my impression that "Stellar
Majesties" is the most correct.  Though we use the term "royalty",
technically speaking "Royal Majesty/ies" is a term specifically referring to
the British monarchy.  If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Snorri Hallsson