[Ansteorra] Carport Tents on sale- Big Lots

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 04:39:58 PDT 2003

I was watching HGTV the other day and they found a Tiki store that sold rollable thatch roofs. Outside that I have no other information.
ys,
mahee

Ciard49 at aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 6/5/2003 10:55:16 PM Central Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

> Anyone know how to make a passable thatch roof, that
> is also transportable and preferably fireproof or resistant?

I have thought about using raffia from the craft stores. It looks like it
will shed water and also looks a whole lot like straw. The roof would still be
soft and could be folded or rolled. The raffia would have to be sewn on cloth
used as a decorative cover for the true roof.

I have not yet tested this idea.

Ciard