[Ansteorra] Sort of OT: A good movie to see

Clayton Jackson cjacksonii at lycos.com
Wed Jun 11 22:00:44 PDT 2003

Greetings to all. I am normally a lurker here, but thought I would post about this.

I have just returned from the World Premier of a Mont Python-esque parody of Braveheart, called Strangeheart. It is an excellent film. Now, it definately isn't period, there are MANY references to modern day in the film, including a news reporter, a car with a car alarm, and Scots wearing modern tennis shoes.

The interesting thing to me about the film is the scene I am in. I'm an extra in the film, but seen quite a few times in the scene I'm in. I sing a line in a song and dance number[it regards the telephone.] and I get dropped in another part of the song [I did my own stuntwork!]

The makers of the film want it to become a cult favorite, along the lines of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. There even was some very light audience participation during the showing tonight, including a beach ball and a sheep shaped plastic ball-like thing being tossed around during a small portion of the movie.

It will be showing at the Angelika Theatre on June 20, 21, 27, and 28. It's showtime is Midnight on each day.
I very HIGHLY recommend going to see this film, and it is a funny and enjoyable film. [It was about 2 hours and 15 minutes thought.]

It's also going to be in Austin and Houston, although I've not heard of dates/times. Their website is http://www.strangeheart.com/

C. Jackson
aka Morick Towain