[Ansteorra] Carport Tents on sale- Big Lots

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 5 20:54:02 PDT 2003

Unfortunately, the roof line is not at all like a period tent or
pavilion, but they do seem to be sturdy and easily erected. The "cloth"
often looks synthetic and not like canvas, but that can be replaced or
possibly painted.

I would love to have an article for the Florilegium on making these
carport tents more presentable for SCA events. I think a lot of folks
might find it useful.

When our canvas pavilion finally gets to decrepit, I am considering
going to one of these carport tents, but probably redone as a hut or
other medieval building instead of trying to make it appear to be a
period pavilion. Anyone know how to make a passable thatch roof, that
is also transportable and preferably fireproof or resistant? While an
article would be nicest, a series of messages on this subject might
also be appropriate for the Florilegium. :-)

Stefan
On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 04:01 PM, Hillary Greenslade wrote:

> I've seen a lot of folks use those carport tents and modify them for
> use in
> the SCA.  Big Lots has some now for $99.  Don't know if same quality
> as what
> others have been getting, but its probably less expensive.
> Check it out,  Hillary
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com