[Ansteorra] Just a Question

Karolus Karolus at gte.net
Sun Jun 29 09:32:29 PDT 2003

Shame

Shame will work on anyone.  Can you imagine the reaction of those gossiping
if the King just popped up off his throne, walked quietly and quickly to the
back of the room and then approached the offenders asking them in a polite,
quiet way to please take their conversation outside, rather than interrupt
court again.  I expect it would result in some red face stammering and
apologies being offered.

however, having said that I will confess there are many times I am guilty of
that very thing.  I also find it annoying as well, but I have more tolerance
for it during events such as 12th Night, a court based event that is held
during a time of the year that could be quite cool outside or an event
located in the middle of July or August indoors where it can be VERY hot
outside. And yes, if the King did that to me, I would be sorry and leave to
continue the conversation if I felt the desire to talk further.

Karolus