[Ansteorra] Ansteorran History

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 2 11:37:46 PST 2003

At 11:32 PM 2/28/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Stefan wrote:
>>You might also find these files in the SCA-STORIES section of the
Florilegium
>>to be of interest:
>>Anst-hist-msg     (86K)  3/22/01    Histories of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
>
>In the middle of reading it and yes, it is of much interest.
>
>The current thread I am reading would be great to revisit.  What is the
>origion of the various groups in the Kingdom?  How did they know of the SCA
>to start, origional members still active, name evolution and all that.  For
>the groups who are in the process of starting, great lessons learned in the
>early years could also be real illuminating.
>
>Who all is still playing from the Atenveld days?

There are still a few of us. IMy first event was in AS 10 (Thanksgiving
weekend, 1975) when this part of the world was just "Atenveldt". (At that
time Atenveldt stretched from Arizona, north to the Canadian border and
east to the Atlantic Ocean. It included what is now Artemesia, the
Outlands, Ansteorra, Meridies and Trimaris.) The preliminary paperwork to
form the *region* of Ansteorra was still over a year in the future.

I think the only people who predate me and are still active are Master
Telbryne, Mistress Janet, Duchess Willow and Mistress Clare.

	-Tivar Moondragon