[Ansteorra] Ansteorran History

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Wed Mar 5 09:43:45 PST 2003

> A different but equally interesting question would be how long have
> people
> been continuously active in the SCA without any breaks.
>
> Burke
> (who has been active since late 78)

I'm just the new kid on the block, compared to the others who have
responded; but I date my activity in the SCA from a Stargate Yule Revel
in December of 1981 or so. Sir William of Weir and Lady Philippa
Rookhaven (Pippa) were Baron and Baroness. (It's funny how, whoever
first symbolizes "nobility and grace" to you, does so forever. Thank
you, Will and Pippa, for embodying those ideals and encouraging me
along that path ever since.)

Many happy memories ago... many wonderful friends for life... lots of
work... lots of fun... some pain, some disappointment, a few regrets...
but all well worth the time spent.

I guess I haven't really taken a break, per se. I started out not very
active... a "two percenter" (Aggies will know what I mean)... and
gradually ramped up to the level I've maintained since... hmmm... about
1989 or 1990, I guess. There have been times when my activity
diminished (due to burn out, or real life), but never when I dropped
out completely.

I've held office of some kind or another more-or-less continuously
since I published the Two Towers (Stargate's newsletter) beginning in
April of 1990. Hmmm... well, other than a 3 month break to get married
in 1991... after which Her Majesty Rowan, Queen by Right of Arms, asked
me whether I would take on the Kingdom Chronicler's office, which had
suddenly become vacant... what was I going to say? No? (Not! *laugh*)

Michael Silverhands
old dinosaur who feels young again, reading these posts from others :-P