[Ansteorra] Missing Crossbows Update

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Tue Mar 18 11:42:06 PST 2003

On Monday 17 March 2003 12:16 pm, sharon wrote:

> Update on the Crossbows.  One has been found, but the
> other oak wood iolo bow of Sir Guy's i still MIA.  The
> description is below and the GW inspection number is 0847.

There were several almost identical bows that were being loaned out. I,
among others, was borrowing one of those. Is it one of those bows that is
missing?

After I was wounded in the last battle I know I put my bow back with the
war wagon but I still feel partly responsible for these bows so if it
cannot be located I will kick in part of the replacement cost.

FYI, after that last castle battle there was one of these bows on the gray
wooden platform between the castle and the woods. It was accompanied by
gauntlets and a long bow. I pointed this out to Charles and he headed over
that way to check it out but I did not see the result of that. Since I was
injured and not moving well I was not able to personally deal with that.

I very much appreciate the loan of the bow and the ordinance. I hope my use
of bow and spear (and throwing axe and whatever else I could pick up) were
beneficial.

Dore