[Ansteorra] military member mail and communication

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Sun Mar 23 22:26:24 PST 2003

I understand your feelings.  We haven't heard anything from mine either. My
son-in-law is also in harms way.  When his unit first arrived they landed in
a sand storm pitched tents by the plane, and waited it out.  They didn't
have an address or a camp.  They didn't get mail for weeks.  It would also
logically be that their mail  hasn't been able to leave either.

Now that they're on the move I doubt they'd have time to write.  Sleep
depravation has kicked in by now.  They're hot, cold, dirty, and tired.
Basic needs come first.

I, myself watch the news in short spirts.  I want to know what's going on
then when I find out I get depressed and don't want to watch any more.  It's
a hard time for all of us.  I find myself praying a lot these days as many
of us are.

You'll hear from your son in due time.  My prayers are with him as well as
others of my SCA family for their quick and safe return.

HL Arabella de Montacute
Proud Mother-in-Law to Lance Corporal David Leslie, Fox Company, 2nd
Battalion, 5th Marines; specializing in urban warfare and
explosives/demolition

********Subject: [Ansteorra] OT, OOP question about military member

I sincerely apologize for asking this here, but I'm using every available
venue at this point. Does anyone on this list possibly have a friend or
family
member stationed with the 1-41st Infantry / 1st Armored Division at Fort
Riley, Kansas?

They are in this war, and we haven't heard anything about our son since
2/27,
I would desperately like to know where this unit is.

Thank you, God bless, and please accept my apology for bringing it here.

Susan Patch, mom of Corporal Alex Kraft, HHC 1-41st INF. Ft. Riley