[Ansteorra] Ansteorran History

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 4 15:49:19 PST 2003

At 11:36 AM 3/4/03 -0600, you wrote:
>At 06:15 AM 3/4/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>>Tivar's number is 6314.
>>
>>Aethelyan Moondragon
>>
>> > Have i missed Tivar's member card number?? Having once lived in
>>Ansteorra -
>> > andstill miss it!- just thought I'd put in my 2-cents or in this case my
>> > member card number to see whose is older  - Tivar's or mine
>> >
>> > Mistress Bunny
>

>This is a perfect example of what I was talking about.  I know that Tivar
>had been active for more than a year before I found the SCA in late
>1978.  But my membership number is lower than his at 3004.  So how they
>issued them is still a mystery.
>
>Burke

This is only a guess, but IIRC, there was a span of a few months at one
point when I wasn't able to renew my membership. It's possible that I got a
"later" number at that point.

On the other paw, maybe the master computer at SCA headquarters (probably a
TRS-80 in Duke Siegfried's spare bedroom <G>) simply had a random number
generator that produced the first set of membership numbers.

	-Tivar Moondragon