[Ansteorra] Ansteorran History

Susan Bowen philippa at ev1.net
Tue Mar 4 19:20:41 PST 2003

My guess on the card numbers is that when they began issuing numbers they
issued them with your renewing membership date. Therefore all of us who were
members at the time when numbers were first assigned would have had low
numbers, but not necessarily in any particular order. The first people to
renew at the time of the new numbering system would have gotten the lowest
numbers. (Card #8593) Active since November 1977. My first event was the
first Atenveldt crown tourney ever held outside of Arizona. It was held in
Anahuac. I joined the SCA as Ansteorra was about to become a principality.
To watch the birth and youth and growing maturity of our kingdom has been an
experience much like watching the growth of my children.

Philippa Rookhaven
Baroness of the Court of Ansteorra