[Ansteorra] Ansteorran History

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Wed Mar 5 18:56:41 PST 2003

I Lucked into # 1756.
Any lower bids? :-)

As I understand it, when they went to the numbers, they assigned them
as people renewed.  To complicate things, when they were still using 4
digits, they recycled numbers that had lapsed, so a brand new member
might get a low # that had formerly been issued to and old timer who
was slow about renewing.

Later, they went to 6 digits, and no longer recycled #'s
  Note that this is all hearsay of dubious validity.

David Gallowglass, one of those rarely playing old types