[Ansteorra] Showing appreciation vs. poltiics

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 11:53:10 PDT 2003

Just another (hopefully brief) rambling here -- Baron Bors made a comment
about waiting for someone to say thank you for all the work that he and his
wife did.  One of the things that I've noticed in the time I've in Society
is that people are really remarkably bad at knowhing when and how to show
their appreciation to others.  We give them awards and that's about it.
I've known far too many really good, solid hard-working people who've quit
for that reason.

I'm afraid I _don't_ have a good answer for this other than to say that Your
Excellency, it's not right, it's no help, but you're not alone by any means.

Perhaps those who've been around for a long time, and felt really
unappreciated got past it?  [My case may not be helpful since I was bound by
a promise to remain in the Society and had to just live with it until I
reached the point where I pretty much expect not to be appreciated (and am
surprised and appreciated when this isn't the case).]

Marc/Diarmaid