[Ansteorra] Feast Reservation Manners

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Mon May 5 17:21:32 PDT 2003

Greetings and Hi There,

The recent Crown feast brought to my mind a sad state that is far to common
within this GREAT Kingdom of Heroes of ours.

OK Gilli, what are you going to upset us about now? you say?  Feast
reservations is my answer.  Now I do fully understand that last minuet stuff
can happen that makes one change their event feasting plans.   While
carrying  a good chunk of the kitchen equipment for this Crown kitchen, I
was fully expecting to break down somewhere along the way.  Luckily, my Lady
and I made it.  This has not always been our good fortune.

However, barring some sort of catastorphe, if one, prior to the event
decides not to feast, they should let the feast folks know about it.

Folks are costing this Kingdom and it's various groups THOUSANDS of dollars
a year because they don't cancell their reservation.

Food that is bought because of reservations cost, that mondane thing called
MONEY.  At a large event, that can be a significant amount.

When an event is sold out, most other folks will make alternate eating
plans.  Then, when those reversations don't show up, lost of money is lost.

All I'm saying is that, if, possible inform the feastocrat.  If not, pay
your contractual agreement for the feast.

OK, yell back all you want.

Gilli
Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.