[Ansteorra] Re: siloflex problem

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Sun May 11 20:12:32 PDT 2003

I too have never seen this, having made several siloflex swords for use
and for pell work.  While I've never tried the blow dryer method (good
idea though) if you just shave the rattan enough to get it in, the
surface friction will be enough.  If you overshave it, then I see how it
could fling out upon wielding.

Jean Paul de Sens

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.