[Ansteorra] Guardian of the Loch Bardic Competition this weekend

Norris, Gerald Gerald.Norris at fiserv.com
Thu May 15 12:00:14 PDT 2003

My Lord and Ladies, good gentles all,

This weekend their Serpentine Excellencies, Ulstead and Cateau, release their title s as landed baron and baroness of Loch Soilleir to their heirs, Lady Narkissa and Lord William.  As a rest from the wearying trials of acting as the representative of the Crown of Ansteorra, Sir Ulstead the Unsteady fought and won the honor of Heir to the Crown of Ansteorra for himself and his wife.

As we celebrate these events, I, HL Gerald of Leesville, would like to invite all bards throughout the lands to visit Loch Soilleir and enter in the bardic championship to be held Saturday night after Feast.

The format for the competition is as follows:

A "pass the candle" bardic circle that will begin soon  after feast.  All contestants must announce their intent to perform  for competition purposes at the circle.  HL Gerald of Leesville will  be one of the judges; the other judge(s) will be anonymous.  Competitors for title bard of Loch Soillier should have at least two different styles of performance ready.  Extra consideration will be given to those bards that are able to provide documentation for their pieces, either written or verbal, as well as breadth of material.  Any questions concerning the competition should be directed to HL Gerald of Leesville (jerryn at houston.rr.com - 281.773.7922).  I will repeat that the site is dry, so no alchohol will be allowed on site, but I will have plenty of refreshments of various styles available.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
HL Gerald of Leesville
Title Bard of Loch Soilleir
Ravenskald of Ravensfort
A bard of Stargate