[Ansteorra] Advice for keeping wooden feast gear.

Leofric Ealdricson lealdricson at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 19:22:42 PDT 2003

If the dishes do not have a hard varnish coating, the best thing to use
after each washing is a food grade mineral oil.  You can find this at your
drug store.  Look in the laxative section and find mineral oil laxative.
This will condition the wood and keep it from cracking.  This can also be
used on goblets as well as knives and wooden cutting boards.  Just wipe it
on with a paper towel after the dishes have been washed, towel dried, and
allowed to air dry completely.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Master Leofric Ealdricson