[Ansteorra] Other cookery storage question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat May 24 23:37:45 PDT 2003

On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 11:57 PM, Susan O'Neal wrote:
> With so many knowledgable people here, I would love to hear the advice
> for
> taking care of cast iron cookware.  What is the best oil to season them
> with and suggestions for when you find one covered in rust.
I'm not sure if you saw this file I mentioned in another message or
not. My appologies for repeating myself if you have. In the
FOOD-UTENSILS section of the Florilegium:
iron-pot-care-msg (22K)  2/ 1/00    Seasoning and caring for iron pots
and
                                        skillets.
This file specifically covers recovering rusted and abused iron
cookware and I believe it does give some recommendations and comments
on oils/lard to be used for seasoning.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas