[Ansteorra] Waterlord progression

Cairenn Day cpenny at swbell.net
Mon May 26 18:32:02 PDT 2003

Only luck kept us from having similar problems at Camp Burnett, the last
time we used it for Warlord, much of it was under water within 3 hours
of us leaving the site.  Warlord has always had weather problems, (at
least 2 of those are mentioned in 'God Rest Ye Frantic Autocrat'),
Canton has the advantage of shelter for everyone, good access in and
out, close-by motels; these are all a big help in bad weather.  We need
a good topographic map of the site, so we can have some idea of which
areas flood the worst.  Is Canton planning on trying to help remedy the
problem?  I was watching the storm from another merchant's pavilion, the
rain was very heavy and it was constant for a long time.  It would be
interesting to find out how much rain did fall, I would estimate that we
had 3-5 inches of rain in about an hour and the site was still damp from
previous rain.  This type of rain will cause major flooding in an urban
area, we need to be better prepared.

Cairenn
whose tent flooded and I Knew that area would flood