[Ansteorra] Chivalric, Rapier, and A&S Lists

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Tue May 27 16:18:13 PDT 2003

At 12:30 PM 5/27/03 -0400, you wrote:

>Greetings from Master Richard Fairbourne autocrat for Elfsea Defender XXV.
>
>All too many times I heard from people competing in Chivalric, Rapier and
>Artisan competitions that the people running the list should consult the
>people who participate in these competitions.
>
>So I am asking the Chivalric and Rapier Fighters of Ansteorra the following
>Question:
>What kind of tournament do you most enjoy?
>Please list your top three choices with the first being your preference.

I'm content with the standard double elimination tourney, I like bear pits
and Swiss five-type lists (more fighting =  more fun.) Tourneys with
scenarios like tavern brawls or dark alleys are fun, too.

I *don't* like "shotgun" tourneys (where all the fighers are on the field
at pretty much the same time, and the only people who know what happened in
a particualr fight are the fighters and their marshal.) I'm not too fond of
tourneys where fighters are awarded points based on their rank (for some
reason, Joe Hotshot Newbie always wants to pick on *me*. <G>)

	-Tivar Moondragon