[Ansteorra] Warlord

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 27 19:12:10 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 09:59 AM, ThoraOdottir at aol.com wrote:
> The only part of the Canton site that does bother me is the mundanes
> wandering through.  I ran into a couple of shady looking characters
> that I would not
> want wandering around my campsite while I am sleeping.  The part that
> bothers
> me about it most is that i have no idea how to fix it.  I can chose to
> camp on
> higher ground to avoid the water but how do we avoid the transients?
> I don't
> know.
For many SCA events I've been to over the years (since 1988), the
organizing group mounted security patrols. The Estrella War and Pennsic
come to mind. It may be that, like field heraldry, the amount of this
particular activity has fallen off over the years. Perhaps because of
less and less volunterring, which seems to be happening.
While such patrols can not be everywhere at once, they do help cut down
on the thievery just by their possible presence, especially in parts of
the site often lacking folks during certain hours, such as campsites in
the middle of the day.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas