[Ansteorra] Feast Reservation Manners

Tausha Walker celeste_namron at post.com
Tue May 6 05:02:53 PDT 2003

I understand the point. I'm only objecting because not everyone can do that. Most of the time when I plan to be at an event, I am usually getting paid the day of the event. I don't have the money to prepay. If I don't make the event, I end up spending the money elsewhere. Fixing my car, getting groceries, something I didn't plan for. I normally make the event and honor my reservations. Here lately, I've been without a vehicle of my own. I won't have that problem much longer. I plan on being at a lot of events but I can't always make it. I generally make feast reservations because I like eating feast and because I don't want to leave site to go somewhere mundane and eat. It takes away from the ambiance.

I understand the concept of pre-paid reservations. I'm just asking you to understand that most people that don't make it aren't just blowing it off. If they know beforehand that they're not going to make it, then they cancel. Most of the time it's a mundane problem like the car broke down at the last minute or there was a family emergency, or something like that. They end up having to spend the money anyway. When I have the money to donate, then I do. Sometimes, I buy feast and then end up serving or not eating. Oh well, that's my decision to donate that money. Refunds are a hassle for the person trying to get one and I imagine for the reeve. It may be worth it. It may cut down on feast cancellations. But it would also cut a lot of people out.

          Celeste de Montmorency