[Ansteorra] Feast Reservation Manners

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Tue May 6 07:41:26 PDT 2003

Though I've seen it at a few events, I don't know if I'd call pre-paid only
feasts a trend just yet.  Also, for every event I've seen that there's been a
mad scramble to sell unclaimed feast spots, I've seen events that many people
had to make other dinner plans because the feast was sold out.

I think that the answer is somewhere between the two extremes.  Celeste does
make a good point that due to finances or planning, it isn't feasible for
everyone to pre-pay for feast.  I don't think that cutting them out completely
should be an option.

Perhaps something along the lines of having the majority of the feast pre-paid
and having a handful of open feasts at the event as a first-come, first-serve.
Rather than making the incentive "pre-pay or don't eat feast", why not give
a "discount" to those that pre-pay?  If you wait and try to get feast at the
event, you pay more than if you pre-paid.

Ansgar