[Ansteorra] Feast Reservation Manners

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 10:39:27 PDT 2003

Ansgar said:
<<Perhaps something along the lines of having the majority of the feast
pre-paid and having a handful of open feasts at the event as a first-come,
first-serve.    Rather than making the incentive "pre-pay or don't eat
feast", why not give a "discount" to those that pre-pay?  If you wait and
try to get feast at the event, you pay more than if you pre-paid.

A really good idea!  I also like the idea of a posted refund date, so those
who are able to prepay in advance, and later not attend, could get a refund
if cancelled by the posted date, else they forfeit if their reservation is
not resold.  (Of course, it makes the exchequer's job more complex to keep
up with refunds.)

If time permits to cancel a feast reservation by e-mail, I'd done it (and
got a 'thank you' in reply from the cooks). Else if time is too late, I send
word with another to allow my reservation to be passed along; released
immediately to the waiting list.   Or course, there will always be
real-world conflict keeping one from attending, and that can't be helped.

In my years of playing, the number one reason an event may loose money is
often due to the feast (poor budgeting, not enough purchasers).  The small
act of courtesy in cancelling, when possible, can literally be worth it's
weight in gold.   Some good 'food for thought'!  ;)
Hillary